Expensive fashionable handbags normally require extra care. Nothing disappoints more than discovering that something has stained the surface of your luxury leather purse. This is because cleaning leather is not easy. There are different cleaning methods and maintenance techniques available. Therefore it is up to you to find out the one that produces the best results.
Cleaning Leather Handbags
Fashionable purses made of leather are hip and sophisticated. They match with virtually all fashionable clothes and are complemented well with your favorite perfume. Therefore, they are the ideal accessory every woman, regardless of her class or taste.
Leather handbags come in designer and affordable types. The designer types, such as Louis Vuitton, require extra care to ensure that they maintain their flawless finish. They require special leather cleaning products and more advanced maintenance techniques.
On the other hand, affordable leather handbag brands do not require sophisticated cleaning methods or designer cleaning products. However, the cleaning products used to clean them have the same basic elements as the designer cleaning products. Both products are used to break down and dissolve oil-based stains and surface dirt.
With the right products and tools, you can clean your leather purse easily. Though the cleaning methods might differ depending on the bag, there are some common basic procedures that must be performed. It is important to understand these common procedures, since they guide you on how to clean your bag.
- Douse a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol.
- Gently rub the stained part. Ensure you use very little pressure while doing so.
- Let the alcohol dry for about 15 minutes.
- Use the alcohol-soaked cotton ball to stroke the area lightly. Check if the stain has been removed or if there is an improvement. If the results are not satisfying, repeat the procedure again. If the stain is gone, move on to the next step.
- Get rid of the first cotton ball and apply a small amount of oil onto a clean cotton ball. Rub the oil onto the bag, over the area where the alcohol was applied. Use a dry cotton ball to wipe off the excess oil before using your fashionable handbag again.